Friday, May 18, 2007

Our HOME Project










A few years ago we owned a booming Ceramic Business.
GoodTimes Ceramics

We had a shop in town and also sold greenware to several
suppliers. It was alot of work but definently alot of fun. We
had thousands of molds and the majority were Christmas.
Then the craft dynamics changed..scrapbooking seemed to be the new thing!!(which I understand because
I'm ALWAYS changing. )
The last molds we bought, and they cost the price of a compact
car, Were the entire Currier&Ives Village collection by Byron.
This was my DH's LOVE......When we sold our shopand moved to
Galveston ,we sold all our molds.....but we kept bisque(that's the white cooked version)
of each house. When we moved back here and bought this place Roy
decided to display the houses..... And we had this huge blank wall......His project was born..






HE put up his shelfs and put the houses up and he was pretty happy...He had painted alot of these houses himself,I have painted some, our daughters painted some...and as you will see on the top shelf some are yet to be painted.......





I wasn't so happy with this wall...and was trying to remember why they looked more special in the shop...then it dawned on me--because I had painted a background to give them depth..OffI went finding paint and brushes...I must confess..I had alot of yarn piled on top of them...LOLand I changed the background to this....and I couldn't leave it alone....I painted the rest of theroom the cereluan haze color--so far I have refrained from adding clouds to the other walls.!




I must be thinking these are my toys..cause I was dusting them yesterday and caugh tmyself rearranging them..especially all the little trees and people.....Interactive wall ART..gotta love it!!!I have a close up of the middle of the village I will add here..there is even a statue in the middle of the town....





So thats the latest project on the home front-- inside....Outside we are adding a patio/screened porch..more on that later......

Always,Kathie

No comments: